Trust Your Family, With Our Family.
At Southeast Texas Equine and Veterinary Hospital, we care about all of God’s creatures, great and small!
Dr. Metteauer is a mixed animal practitioner with over 5 years of veterinarian experience in Southeast Texas.
- Eric grew up in a small town near Nacogdoches, TX, surrounded by animals all of his life. He has always been an avid water fowl and deer hunter. Growing up, he and his dad enjoyed breeding, raising and training labrador retrievers. Eric also spent many hours raising and showing steers in his county show and major shows.
- During his undergraduate studies at Texas A&M, Eric was a member of the national champion Sheep and Wool Judging Team, Meat Judging Team, national champion Livestock Judging Team, & national champion Meat Animal Evaluation team. While working on his Master’s degree at Texas A&M, Eric coached the Meat Science Team to become national champions that year.
- A 2005 graduate of Texas A&M University with a B.S. in Animal Science,
- 2008 graduate of Texas A&M University with a Master’s Degree in Animal Science,
- 2013 Doctor of Veterinary Medicine graduate of Ross University.
- Spent his fourth clinical year of veterinarian school at Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Metteauer is married to wife, Kori, and they have four children, Blaine, Cameron, Hank, and Hallie. Furry friends of the Metteauer household include three dogs: Jack, Max, and Kitt; one cat: Suzy; and two horses: JB and Blaze.
Owner ERIC A. METTEAUER, DVM